Art and Culture
Bamberg has lots to offer for exploring. Here you can find various offers on culture in Bamberg.
Contents on this page
Art, music, theatre, film, guided tours, …
There are many cultural opportunities in Bamberg and the surrounding area. Let yourself be inspired!
Theatres and Cinemas
If you like to experience something live with fascinating passion, there is of course also the possibility of watching numerous theatre plays or films. Have a look here!
- www.theater.bamberg.de Bamberg City Theatre
- www.kufa-bamberg.de Films, music and theatre to watch.
- www.lichtspielkino.de The Lichtspiel and the Odeonkino show films that you can’t see everywhere. Also for children!
- www.kindertheater-bamberg.de Theatre for kids. Chapeau Claque shows various stories throughout the year for children aged 4 and over.
- www.bamberg.info/buehnen Collection of Bamberg’s small theatres, some of them also for participation.
www.kulturboden-hallstadt.de A stage with music and cabaret events to watch in Hallstadt.
www.tam.ag Theatre at Michelsberg: Funny theatre for children and adults.
Participation - Taking Action
Do you or your children like to make art? Do you want to be on stage and act yourself? Would you like to learn to play music? Then take a look here!
At the Bamberg Theatre School, children and adults can learn how to play theatre.
In the art school there are workshops and projects around the topics of handicrafts, DIY, painting, sewing and simply being creative.
In the Kreismusikschule (Bamberg District Music School) and the Städtische Musikschule (Bamberg City Musical School) children and young people can learn to play instruments, read musical notes and sing.
Kosmos Ost is a new project in Bamberg East. There is an open workshop with many tools and equipment. Here everyone can repair and build. There are also free rooms where workshops and events can take place.